The program covers the nature of power and influence in personal relationships and in organizations. The first day focuses on learning how to build and leverage your personal, positional, and relational sources of power through influence tactics vis-à-vis individual needs and situational contexts. Participants will practice principles of persuasion through a communication exercise, garnering feedback on their communication skills.
The second day will address how power and influence shows itself in organizations. Effective working professionals must be able to read and diagnose the political landscape in organizations. Participants will engage in an exercise that enables them to map out the power and influence dynamics in their own organizations. They will consider strategies on how to effectively and ethically build credibility while building their power base over time. Finally, participants will engage in a simulation that helps them practice their new skills in the challenge of change leadership within an organization.
Participants will engage in plenary sessions, interactive workshops and case discussions with Teaching Fellows from Harvard University. The workshop also serves as a forum of small group discussion by participants in discussing some of the challenges they are facing (or have faced).
Through the program, participants will:
- Internalize a framework for understanding power, influence, and principles of persuasion.
- Gain an understanding of their own personal, positional, and relational sources of power and develop strategies to expand their own power bases.
- Build a toolkit of influence tactics, credibility building measures, and persuasion techniques while understanding how they might be used in various situation.
- Develop their own strategy for building and exercising power, leadership, and influence ethically and responsibly in their organization or community.
AGENDA & SPEAKERS
Click HERE to view the program agenda and speakers’ profiles.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is ideal for senior -level working professionals in decision-making roles, government officials, community leaders and entrepreneurs.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Click “Tickets” and select the number of tickets.
- You may opt to pay immediately via a Paypal account with your credit card OR pay by invoice.
- If you choose to pay by invoice, we will be sending you an invoice within 5 working days and all payment has to be made BEFORE the workshop.
- Register based on a first come first serve basis. Due to the interactive nature of this program and the practice of social distancing, the participants are limited to 40 pax.
- Strict social distancing and hygiene practices such as sanitization and temperature taking will be adhere throughout the workshop.
- This program is HRDF claimable under Star Media Group Berhad .
- The program fee is inclusive of all workshop materials, certificate, SST charges, 2 tea breaks and 1 lunch for both days.
- For more information, kindly email to email@example.com or call 03-7967 1388 ext 1477 / 1240.